|EACH TOWN | WHOLE CAPE | Search | About S'CapeNotes & Help | Membership | COFFEE MUG||1 | 7 |A|
- website: www.matroosberg.com
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel 023 3122282
The Matroosberg Private Nature Reserve is situated on the farm Erfdeel, 35 Km from Ceres. The Reserve covers more than 1000 Ha of Mountain-area, and reaches the Matroosberg Peak, which at the altitude of 2249m, is the highest in the Boland.
During the winter months, Matroosberg is often covered with snow. After a good snowfall, the Southern slopes remain snow-clad for quite some time and you can drive to the snow. This area is also well known for itís private Ski-slope.
From the mountain road (access only by 4x4) a beautiful panoramic view over the Warm Bokkeveld, Ceres, DroŽ Hoek, Koue Bokkeveld and the Ceres Karoo can be enjoyed. From the Matroosberg Peak you have a wonderful view of the mountains of the Western Cape. Many other mountain peaks can be identified, such as the Witzenberg, Cedarberg and Du Toitskloof. The Groothoekkloof, with its dazzling height and rock cliffs, also presents you with a breathtaking view.
Fauna and Flora include klipspringers, grysribbok and dassies. Baboons living in the Reserve permanently, is an open invitation to the occasional leopard paying a visit. 12 Species of Proteace have been identified, and the evasive bergrosie, the skaamrosie and Nuwejaarblom, together with a host of fynbos species are to be seen. Birdwatchers can enjoy 70 listed species of birds.
God created this beautifull mountain and we must conserve it. But to keep it under lock and key would be pointless.
Our mission is conservation through utilization. We want to give more people the opportunity to walk in nature and experience the creation.
Matroosberg Reserve offers the following:
- 4X4 Trail (the highest trail in the Western Cape)
- Hiking Trails to the peak of Matroosberg
- 4x4 Snow Safari (on a Bedford Army truck)
- Catering for groups Ė Team building, year-end functions etc.
- Self Catering accommodation in a equipped stone build Goatherds house
- Self Catering accommodation in a Ski-hut (sleeps 20)
- Mountain Bike Trails
- Swimming (in rock pools and farmdam with foefieslide)
- Birdwatching (70 Species)
- Trout Fishing (Brown trout)
- Shooting Range
|HOME(Dynamic) | Scribble Pad | Formatting | Emoticons | Troubleshooting | Rules | Links||Admin|