Home Page with Town List
INTRO & TOWNS | WHOLE CAPE | Search | About ScapeNotes & Help | Membership (Optional) | COFFEE MUG 1 | 7 |A

MAPS

Western Cape

- Cape Town City

- West Coast

- Swartland

- Breede River Val.

- Great Karoo

- Route 62

- Garden Route

- Overberg

- Winelands

- Olifants River Val.

SERVICES

Tour Operators

Car Hire

Hiking, Biking

4x4, Boating

Clubs, Societies

Special Offers

About ScapeNotes & Help:

Formatting Shed - how to "dress-up" your notes with colour, size, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cassie on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 10:03 am: Edit Post

The full instructions for "formatting" can be found here. But the following are the most popular:

Changing size: If you want the word "cat" to appear as cat, then enclose the word "cat" inside {}'s (curly braces) and put the tag code \1 immediately in front of it. In other words, your cat will look like this \1{cat} when you type it, but it will appear like this cat when it is finally posted. The number 1 gives the size, the other options are -2, -1, 0, 1 and 2. Therefore:

\-2{cat}, \-1{cat}, \0{cat}, \1{cat}, \2{cat} will appear as cat, cat, cat, cat, cat

Style: You have already seen above how to enclose the text inside {}'s (curly braces) and put a "tag code" (starting with a backslash "\") immediately in front of it.
\b{cat}, \u{mouse}, \i{dog} will appear as cat, mouse, dog.

Colour: Now that you know how the curly braces and the backslash works, the following should explain itself:
\green{parrot} will show as parrot

the other colour choices are: red orange yellow cyan blue purple white gray and black.

Another useful tag is the \c{text} which will center your text on a page. Therefore, if you want to make a centered, big, blue, bold, italic heading, then type
\c{\1{\blue{\b{\i{My Heading}}}}} and it will show as:
My Heading

You can test all this in the Scribble Pad as much as you want to. Also remember that your preview screen will show your correct formatting - if the preview is not correct, then the final post will not be correct either. Remember to use backslashes, lower case tags, no spaces outside braces, curly braces.

Please feel free to ask questions on this subject by posting questions below. Some kind soul will probably come along to help you out.

Have fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roland Haigh on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 03:00 pm: Edit Post

Hello
How do I get my accomodation into your site ? I know nothing about page design.
Thanks
Roland

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scapenotes Administrator on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 03:22 pm: Edit Post

Hi Roland,

Go to the Scribble Pad and type in a page, the same way as you asked your question above. Just imagine that you you are writing an e-mail to someone who has enquired about your place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MIchelle Knight on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 02:37 am: Edit Post

How do I left-align text after having previous pictures and text centred?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scapenotes Administrator on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 08:18 am: Edit Post

The left-align is the default. If you cut and paste centered text into ScapeNotes, you are probably going to find that it will automatically left-align.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Front Page Town List | Scribble Pad | Formatting Instructions | Emoticons | Troubleshooting | Rules Admin