Home Page with Town List
INTRO & TOWNS | WHOLE CAPE | Search | About ScapeNotes & Help | Membership (Optional) | COFFEE MUG 1 | 7 |A

MAPS

Western Cape

- Cape Town City

- West Coast

- Swartland

- Breede River Val.

- Great Karoo

- Route 62

- Garden Route

- Overberg

- Winelands

- Olifants River Val.

SERVICES

Tour Operators

Car Hire

Hiking, Biking

4x4, Boating

Clubs, Societies

Special Offers

About ScapeNotes & Help: COFFEE MUG - the casual discussion board forum for tourism in Cape Town and the Western Cape:

Route 62: Pure Country - No Additives

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jacques on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 07:55 am: Edit Post

This is one of the most scenic routes I have travelled - what do you think

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Dorrington on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 08:59 am: Edit Post

Hi Jaques,

Out of curiosity, where would you say is the western end of Route 62? Some guides have it as far away as Ceres. I don't think that there is much argument as to the eastern end, and that it actually goes right out of the Western Cape into the Eastern Cape after Uniondale.

My favourite part is actually off the main route - Calitzdorp, Kruisrivier and then up Swartberg Pass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Soekershof Walkabout on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 08:12 am: Edit Post

Dear Gerald and Jacques,

We do agree with both of you but are also pretty sure that you have never visited THE Gem in THE Heart of Route62: Soekershof Walkabout
Find out more: http://soekershof.com
but the best way is to experience is to visit.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Front Page Town List | Scribble Pad | Formatting Instructions | Emoticons | Troubleshooting | Rules Admin