Home Page with Town List
INTRO & TOWNS | WHOLE CAPE | Search | About ScapeNotes & Help | Membership (Optional) | COFFEE MUG 1 | 7 |A

MAPS

Western Cape

- Cape Town City

- West Coast

- Swartland

- Breede River Val.

- Great Karoo

- Route 62

- Garden Route

- Overberg

- Winelands

- Olifants River Val.

SERVICES

Tour Operators

Car Hire

Hiking, Biking

4x4, Boating

Clubs, Societies

Special Offers

About ScapeNotes & Help: Scribble Pad for this section of Scapenotes - experiment with your notes or questions, see what they will look like in final print:

Witsand is a part of the Garden Route

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anonymous on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 12:53 pm: Edit Post

Hi Colin,

Your circular no.3 refers:

Well I did have fun trying to enter, but will you please check it out as I could not edit..... I'm still learning how to handle this friend.

I just need to mention that Witsand is part of the Garden Route, and we are seperated from the Overberg by the Breede River. Heidelberg is also part of the Garden Route. Can you correct it for us please?

Malgas is one of our access routes over the last hand operated pont in SA, and most folks that come from L'Agulas, the southern most tip of Africa, come across the pont. Could only enhance the map if inserted.

As we are officially known as "THE" whale nursery of SA, would it be possible to insert a whale in San Sebastian Bay at all? Oct 2002 stats = 117
whales of which 49 were calves. Is'nt that amazing?

I am very impressed with your site. What are the costs involved for me to be on your site? I need to know before I commit.

Keep well and enjoy the rugby...
Regards,

"a Witsand resident"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 01:56 pm: Edit Post

Hi "Witsand resident"

You tried to post something else here? Sorry, I think you forgot to push the final "Post" button after the preview on that one. Please try again.

Witsand as part of the Garden Route is a tricky one. My family and friends from Cape Town say that they feel they are in the Garden Route when they see the sea at Mossel Bay or Hartenbos. The Scapenotes maps were roughly based on a Satour map of 1966. Have just checked www.capetourism.org and they say that the Garden Route is east of Slang River. The political boundaries puts Witsand in the Eden District Municipality, which does include the area east of you, as well as large pieces of what we all agree are the Little Karoo (eg Calitzdorp). Is there anything wrong about being part of the Overberg? :-)

Let's get some more opinions on this, before the maps are revised one day. We knew that there would be some debate on map boundaries and that is why they are so simplistically drawn at this stage. We have also had requests for whales+sharks at Gans Bay, and I am sure that Hermanus will ask for a whale too. (I live in Simon's Town and have just spent an hour watching the whales here as well).

Regarding costs: We have to repeat this often, because nobody believes us: There are NO COSTS to be listed on ScapeNotes. Websites that charge you money to advertise your tourist facility, mainly need that money to pay full-time staff who maintain those websites. Scapenotes does not have a single staff member - we are just a couple of regular, otherwise-employed, people who fiddle with this Scapenotes as a hobby. The actual computer space costs us the princely sum of R200 a month, which is a lot cheaper than playing golf!

Rugby? What rugby? :-)

Colin

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Front Page Town List | Scribble Pad | Formatting Instructions | Emoticons | Troubleshooting | Rules Admin