Home Page with Town List Special Offers
EACH TOWN | WHOLE CAPE | Search | About S'CapeNotes & Help | Membership | COFFEE MUG 1 | 7 |A

LOCATOR MAPS

Western Cape

- West Coast

- Swartland

- Breede River Val.

- Great Karoo

- Route 62

- Garden Route

- Overberg

- Winelands

- Olifants River Val.

SERVICES

Tour Operators

Car Hire

Hiking, Biking

4x4, Boating

Clubs, Societies

In the town of: Car Cape Town & Western Cape:

"Best Beetles" Brackenfell Cape Town

By Beetle on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 05:44 pm: Edit Post

Sorry to put something so negetive up but I am really sore with Best Beetles. I hired a car from them for 3 months over the Christmas period and I am now still waiting for my R2000 deposit.
They are devious and manipulative.
They give South African buisnesses a bad name and obviously have no care for ongoing custom.

Mrs Sore At YOU BB

By Tom on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 06:28 pm: Edit Post

From a website in England:

"A number of windsurfing travel articles published in the last year talked about Cape Town as a great winter windsurfing place. Which it is. But for car hire many of us have used 'Best Beetles' a company who rent out rusty old VW cars very cheaply, and whose name and phone number were mentioned in the travel articles and here on the forum.

Be warned that this company is now being investigated by authorities in South Africa after a number of complaints. The main issue seems to be that Best Beetles take a 200 or 300quid deposit on your credit card when you pick up the car and then say they will re-credit this deposit to your card account a month after you return the car. They explain this to cover the possibility of unpaid parking tickets etc.

Several complaints about the company are that these deposits have not been returned. A friend in our sailing party rented a Beetle in January of this year and has still not had his deposit returned despite e-mails, faxes, and phone calls to the best Beetle office."

By Jeroen Maan on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 12:16 pm: Edit Post

I would like to inform you that the company best Beetle is a bad company that does not belong to have any rights in SA. This company lies and is not professional. They say you have to pay a deposit of 2000 rand which is repaid two months after returning the car. I waited for 4 months and the only thing they could tell me was: "go f*** you mummy" Nobody should rent a car with this company because you lose your deposit and they are absolutely not professional

Jeroen

Add a s'CapeNote:

Any reader is invited to add a s'CapeNote in the form of a question, introduction, guestbook-style entry, reply, review, or even just a note to yourself. There is NO other form to fill in - this is it! The format is entirely free and it can include many different colours, styles and pictures of your choice. (Please feel free to experiment and learn in the Scribble Pad):

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password (register):

HOME(Dynamic) | Scribble Pad | Formatting | Emoticons | Troubleshooting | Rules | Links Admin