Home Page with Town List Special Offers
EACH TOWN | WHOLE CAPE | Search | About S'CapeNotes & Help | Membership | COFFEE MUG 1 | 7 |A

LOCATOR MAPS

Western Cape

- West Coast

- Swartland

- Breede River Val.

- Great Karoo

- Route 62

- Garden Route

- Overberg

- Winelands

- Olifants River Val.

SERVICES

Tour Operators

Car Hire

Hiking, Biking

4x4, Boating

Clubs, Societies

In the town of: Paarl:

Mooi Bly Landgoed - Self-catering cottages/ Fully equipped/ Daily serviced

By Mooi_bly_estate on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 04:47 pm: Edit Post

Dear guest,

Thank you for your interest in Mooi Bly landgoed/estate.

I would like to introduce our wine Estate in The Cape Winelands, South Africa :
My name is Liesbeth and together with my husband and my parents we moved 2 years ago from Belgium .

My parents bought this beautiful wine estate, which we called “Mooi Bly landgoed”.
(Mooi Bly is something that you say as an extra when you say bye bye to somebody = “keep on well” and landgoed = estate)

The estate is +/- 30 Ha. At this moment we have 13.5 Ha under vines and we will plant more, up to 22 Ha., this and next year. In a couple of years we would like to build our own wine cellar, although we made our own wine this year already (on a primitive old-fashioned way, but so far the taste is good!)
We have as well 5 thatched cottages to rent out.

Our cottages are fully equipped for a self-catering holiday, but I do serve breakfast on request.

A Cape Dutch style of cottage, spacious and with an “African touch”.

I’m looking for those guests who will come and unwind for a couple of days.

Positive things:
· To rent a cottage with a couple of friends or as a family, it is very affordable.
· Not all people like to go every lunch and evening to a restaurant. Shops are a 10 minutes drive and you don’t have to be afraid that you have only 1 knife to peel potatoes, cut melon and slice your loaf!!
· To do your own shopping is as well exploring a country and a new culture!
· Central situated. 45 minutes from the airport, 45 a 55 minutes from Cape Town, 30 minutes from Stellenbosch and Franschhoek, 10 minutes from Paarl and Wellington
· You have space and privacy…your own sofa, your own lounge, your own terrace, your own garden in front of your cottage
· A cleaning lady will come daily to make up your beds, clean the bathroom, swipe the floors and do the breakfast dishes. So it is a bit as a guesthouse…but mom has got a break, as well!!
· T.V. and C.D./radio player in the cottage
· a swimming pool & a Jacuzzi-splash-pool, filled with fresh mountain water
· Horse riding as an extra. Amazing horse trails in the mountains…and they start in our back garden!
· New towels every 2 day’s, clean sheets every 3-4 day’s

Negative things:
· The cock early mornings
· In December, January and February I try to avoid bookings less then 4 nights.

For further questions, please feel free to contact me info@mooibly.com
My web-address is www.mooibly.com (with a lot of pictures)

Kind regards

Liesbeth

Rates:
Rates from 01/10/03
2pax 4pax 6pax.

Merlot (no thatch)Studio style
R300 - -

Chardonnay
2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms
R500 R650 -

Chenin blanc
3 bedrooms 1 bathroom
R500 R650 R750

Sauvignon blanc
3 bedrooms 3 bathrooms
R500 R750 R900

Pinotage
3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms
R650 R850 R1000

Shiraz
3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms
R650 R850 R1000

Winter discounts
From 01/05/2003 Until 30/09/2003
From 01/05/2004

Add a s'CapeNote:

Any reader is invited to add a s'CapeNote in the form of a question, introduction, guestbook-style entry, reply, review, or even just a note to yourself. There is NO other form to fill in - this is it! The format is entirely free and it can include many different colours, styles and pictures of your choice. (Please feel free to experiment and learn in the Scribble Pad):

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password (register):

HOME(Dynamic) | Scribble Pad | Formatting | Emoticons | Troubleshooting | Rules | Links Admin