Home Page with Town List Special Offers
EACH TOWN | WHOLE CAPE | Search | About S'CapeNotes & Help | Membership | COFFEE MUG 1 | 7 |A

LOCATOR MAPS

Western Cape

- West Coast

- Swartland

- Breede River Val.

- Great Karoo

- Route 62

- Garden Route

- Overberg

- Winelands

- Olifants River Val.

SERVICES

Tour Operators

Car Hire

Hiking, Biking

4x4, Boating

Clubs, Societies

In the town of: Struisbaai:

General Struisbaai Information - links, history, weather, etc.

By Scapey on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 12:00 pm: Edit Post

This General information facility is created to talk and tell things about this town that are not directly tourist facilities as such. Things like the history, climate and calender of regular events, etc.

An internet search showed the following pages pointing directly to the vicinity of this town:

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

If you know of any more general information web pages that link directly to this town's area, please please add a note below and tell us about it.

Any other notes or questions about this town would also be very welcome.

By Scapenotes Administrator on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 09:35 am: Edit Post

Photos supplied by Cilliers Willers:

By antonella wright on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 09:47 am: Edit Post

Beautiful photos.
Undoubtedly, one of the most beautiful places along the South African coast. Where the water is so warm and still crystal clear.
If you are looking for peace and tranquillity, uncrowded beaches, and nothing to do, but watch the stars at night. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
My feeling is that people in this area, are not at all geared up for tourism, where tourist facilities are concerned.
We went to eat at "Borrelgat Restaurant", an experience never to be repeated again. Be warned, please "braai at home". I will not say more.
And if you want to eat at a restaurant, probably you have to go to Arniston, at the Hotel's restaurant, where the food is fair, but in my opinion overpriced. De mond nature reserve, is a little gem, to be definitly visited, the lagoon could make you think you are in the Maldives.
Unfortunatly we have found, broken pieces of glass, light bulbs, plastic and left over food, on the pristine beach, this is unforgivable, as you pay to go into the reserve, and I feel that there should be official surveilance, and someone that picks up the dirt every now and again. Once you go over the magnificent dunes, you are confronted with the most unspoilt beach and warm water of the ocean. Be warned the current can get rather strong, and although I did not see any warnings, there could be shark lurking in the waters.
We visited l'Águlhas, where we wanted to have breakfast at the light house, and to my horror, they wanted us to eat, in a dark little room, overlooking the parking lot, where just on the other side of the building, there is the most magnificent view of the ocean, and it was a perfect, windless morning, - talking about people with no vision - . When we enquired at the tourism office next door, abouth having breakfast somewhere, spectacular, except of course going back to Struisbaai at our bungalow,- well, guess what she suggested to do !!
Something tells me that South Africans are not exploiting our amazing natural resources with a bit of imagination, the ones that do, unfortunatly are over the top, and ripping off the tourists. But I am not giving up, I am in search of the genuine, value for money, honest, tourism operators, that have the country's benefit at heart, and want to show the world out there, South Africa, is a well worthy country to visit and will come again. As we are competing with some amazing countries that are definitly cheaper, than South Africa, even with their foreign exchange.

Add a s'CapeNote:

Any reader is invited to add a s'CapeNote in the form of a question, introduction, guestbook-style entry, reply, review, or even just a note to yourself. There is NO other form to fill in - this is it! The format is entirely free and it can include many different colours, styles and pictures of your choice. (Please feel free to experiment and learn in the Scribble Pad):

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password (register):

HOME(Dynamic) | Scribble Pad | Formatting | Emoticons | Troubleshooting | Rules | Links Admin